Redmi 1S is priced for Rs. 5,999/- at flipkart. And I thank MI for this awesome budget phone with lot of features and customization built in. But Redmi 1S mobile have facing issues with heating, RAM and also battery problems. So we found a solution to reduce Xiaomi Redmi 1S heating.
Before I would like to discuss this tips to reduce heating on your android smartphone make sure you create backup to your files and root your Redmi 1S android smartphone. After rooting your device you would be able to get access to remove unwanted apps which comes pre installed.
1. Root your Redmi 1S device to continue for STEP 2. Just follow this guide>> how to root your Xiaomi Redmi.
Using unwanted apps installed in your android smartphone surely increasing RAM, takes space in Internal Memory as well as may lead to heating issues and slow running problems. So we have listed few applications which you can uninstall/freezed to free your RAM memory.
Tip: Download and use link2sd app from play store to freeze given list of apps. After you install and open link2sd app, choose the app you want to freeze, click on Actions and choose Freeze. <link to download>
- ANT HAL Service
- Browser (Using Chrome)
- Flipkart (if you are not regular eCommerce shopper)
- Google Hindi Input
- Google Pinyin Input
- Google Play Book
- Google Play Movies
- Google Play Music
- Google Play Newsstand
- Google Search
- Mi Cloud (Required for themes)
- Play Games
- SIM Toolkit
- Sync with Mi Cloud (Required for themes)
- Video Player (using MX player)
- Xiaomi Assistant
Note we have included some regular usage apps like Facebook, Google+, Google Search and few other. You can still keep them according to your needs.
You need to install Universal init.d app from play store and enable init.d support in this app. Note Universal init.d app is developed by Androguide.fr <play store for download>
Now you need to install Custom CWM Recovery
- Now Download attached file “signed_cwm_update redmi.zip” <download link>
- Rename it to update.zip and paste in root folder of internal storage ( use USB Cable).
- Go to Settings, then to about phone and click system update button
- Press menu button and then press “reboot to recovery“
- Select language as English and then select flash update.zip option.
- After done, turn phone off, now press volume up+ power until you enter cwm recovery
Now install the performance mod
- Visit that link and download pureperformance for CM from this link.
- Move this file to your external sd card’s root folder (use USB Cable)
- Now boot into cwm recovery, make a backup
- Flash pureperformance mod and reboot
Using above tips your Redmi 1S is successfully modified to reduce heating issues as well as save your RAM problems including battery draining. Make sure you give your device atleast 30 minutes to make it settle for all these changes. If you still don’t find your device fixed you can continue doing the below process as well.
Underlock your Xiaomi Redmi 1S. What happens when you underlock your device? Underlocking helps to increase the life of processor and also helps mobile to prevent heating issues, increases battery life and much more advantages.
- First Install No-frills CPU control from playstore <link>
- Now give it Root permissions
- Set the Max clock to 1.402 Ghz
- Set the mini clock freq to 300 Mhz
- Note that, Don’t select “apply on boot” now. If anything goes wrong, u can reboot the device and it will set it to default.
Fixing low RAM issues in your redmi 1s.
- Goto Play store and Install MinFreeManager (this Require Root) <link>
- Click Menu button >> Preferences >> choose Mild
- Click Menu button >> Apply
Hibernate apps helps to free RAM memory
- Install Greenify from Playstore <link>
- Go to Security → Permission → Auto start management and add auto start apps
- Now select Greenify
These are few tips and solutions we used to reduce our Redmi 1S mobile heating issues. We fixed RAM problems and also battery draining quickly problems. Few of our friends tried these method and they are happy now. I can’t guarantee 100% reduction in heating but believe that it may reduce them 95%. The above tips are worth trying… :). If you have any queries regarding this article drop a comment below.
Also Check: Move apps to sd card in redmi 1s